Rose wine can be added to food to give it a wonderful flavor! We love a rose infused ham!
Be sure to make this and serve at your next party!
Rose Infused Apricot Ham
10 pound hickory smoked ham, spiraled cut
3/8 c Apricot Preserves
2 T. honey
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 c rose wine
2 tsp. elderberry liquor
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
3/8 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup rose wine plus 2 tsp. elderberry liquor
Rosemary fresh sprigs and
i pear slices in thin slices
2-3 lemons cut in half and 2 T. butter
1 pear cut in 1/4 of a pear slices
more fresh rosemary
1. Combine apricot preserves and honey. Then mix in 1/2 c. brown sugar. Now pour in 1/4 c. rose wine and 2 tsp. elderberry liqueur and 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice.
2. Put the ham on a baking sheet, lined with foil paper. Now, pour the above ingredients on the ham.
3. Then pat on 3/8 cup of brown sugar on the ham. Put cut rosemary sprigs and a pear cut on thin slices on top of the ham.
4. Mix an additional 1/4 cup of rose wine and 2 tsp. of elderberry liqueur and pour on top of ham.
4. Put in the oven to bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes..
5. In a sauce pan, put 2-3 lemons cut in half, one pear cut in fourths, and 2 t. butter. Cook these until the lemon is since and brown and the pears are slightly browned.
6. .Now pour this in the pan with the ham and put it around the sides of the ham and cook another 20-30 minutes.
7. Top with fresh rosemary sprigs before serving and serve on a pretty platter.
Simply Delicious...Hampton's Style!