This strawberry cake recipe comes from my childhood and is an easy cake to make that is beautiful and delicious! It is presentational and gets lots of oh wow’s!
Spring Strawberry Cake
1 Vanilla Betty Crocker Cake mix
4 T. flour
1 package strawberry jello
3/4 c. Wesson oil
1/2 cup water
10. oz. frozen strawberries (sugar added in the package)
1 quart of Fresh whole strawberries to put on top and around the bottom to decorate the cake--half some of these strawberries
Icing: 1 box powdered sugar, 1/4 c. butter at room temperature, frozen strawberries ( 10oz)-this is an additional box for the icing and also blend in blender
1. Pour the cake mix into a large bowl.
2. Put the frozen strawberries in a blender for 30 seconds.
3. Add the flour, jello, oil, eggs, water, and strawberries to the large bowl with the mix. Mix on medium for 2 minutes.
4. Pour into two 8 or 9 inch cake pans that have been greased and floured.
5. Bake according to the instructions on the box. Do not overbake and check with a tooth pick that comes out clean. Cool before icing.
6. If you want to make a tall cake, make two more layers by repeating this recipe.
7. Icing- Cream the softened butter, gradually add in the powdered sugar. Then add in small amounts of the frozen strawberries and blend. Do this to make the right consistency to ice the cake. If you make two more layers for a taller cake, you have to double the icing recipe too.
8. After you ice the cake, top with large strawberries on top and around the bottom. Half some to the strawberries and mix in with the whole ones.
Simply Delicious...Hampton's Style!